The City Elections Office is located in the First Floor of City Hall (203 South Farwell Street), at the North end of the building (closest to the public library).
Telephone (715) 839-4913 Fax (715) 839-6177
For general election information, contact the City Elections office at 715 839-4913 or go to the My Vote Wisconsin website (https://myvote.wi.gov). There you can see a list of the candidates that will be on your ballot, get information on voter registration, and even check your voting history.
2015 Spring Elections
The five District Seats on the Eau Claire City Council are up for election in April 2015. The following candidates met the filing requirements and will be on the April 7 ballot:
|1||David Duax||2003 Noble Court|
|2||David Klinkhammer||3906 House Road|
|3||Kathy Mitchell||414 Summit Avenue|
|4||Bob Von Haden||908 Park Ridge Drive|
|4||Sandra McKinney||2235 9th Street|
|5||Andrew Werthmann||1012 Chauncey Street|
|5||Che' Stone Parrott||1548 Bellevue Avenue|
To see what Aldermanic District you live in, take a look at the aldermanic district maps. (This file may take some time to load. There is a map of the full City followed by individual maps of each of the five aldermanic districts.)
PHOTO ID NOT REQUIRED
At this point in time, Photo ID is not required for voting (either in-person or absente). On October 9, the U.S. Supreme Court ordered that Wisconsin's Voter Photo ID requirement not be in effect for the November 4, 2014 General Election. The Court reinstated an injunction against the law. Continue to check this area of the City website or the Wisconsin GAB website for the latest updates.
ELECTION FORMS for VOTERS
Many election forms are available for downloading from the Elections Division of the State Governmental Accountability Board. Links to the Voter Registration form and Absentee Ballot Request form are provided below.
- VOTER REGISTRATION
- Voter Registration form (English)
- Voter Registration form (Spanish)
- Voter Registration form (Hmong)
- There are three ways you can register to vote or update your voter information if you move or change your name.
1. By-Mail You can register by mail.
2. Clerk's Office You can register in-person in the Clerk's Office any time Monday thru Friday,
between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm EXCEPT on Election Day and the Monday before Election Day.
3. Election Day You can register on Election Day at your voting site.
- You must now provide Proof of Residence when you register. Acceptable Proof of Residence must include both your current and complete name and your current and complete address. Items that are Acceptable Proof of Residence include:
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license
- Current and valid Wisconsin identification card
- Utility bill (gas, electric or telephone) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- Bank Statement
- Check or other document issued by a unit of government
- Official identification card of license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day.
- Proof of residence can be provided either in paper or electronically (via I-pad, I-phone, laptop)
- If you are unable or unwilling to go to your voting site on Election Day, you can cast an absentee ballot.
- In-person Absentee Voting takes place at the Elections Office, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm beginning the third Monday before an election through the Friday prior to the election. There is no absentee voting on the Monday immediately before an election.
- If you want an absentee ballot mailed to you, submit an absentee ballot request either by regular mail or e-mail to City Elections, 203 S Farwell St, Eau Claire WI 54701.
ABSENTEE VOTING - NURSING HOMES
Special Voting Deputies for the City of Eau Claire will conduct Absentee Voting for the April 7, 2015 Spring Election for the residents of the following Nursing Home facilities at the times specified below:
• Mt. Washington Residence, 1930 Cleveland Street:
Voting will be held on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
• The Clairemont Nursing Home, 2120 Heights Drive:
Voting will be held on Thursday, March 26, 2015 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
• Syverson Lutheran Home, 816 Porter Avenue:
Voting will be held on Friday, March 20, 2015 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
• Dove Health Care Center, 1405 Truax Blvd:
Voting will be held on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Only if required, a second visit to any of these facilities would be conducted between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact:
Eau Claire Elections Specialist
203 S. Farwell Street
715 - 839- 4913
Notice is given per State Statute 6.875(6)(a)
Where do I vote?
Click here for more information
Unsure if you are registered or where you would vote? At My Vote Wisconsin, voters can look up their polling place and other election-related information using a new function of the state's voter registration system.
• Look up your voter registration and polling place location
• Look up polling place location for an address
November 4, 2014 General Election
66% of the registered voters cast ballots in the November 4 General Election. For Election Results, go to the
Eau Claire County Clerk and the Chippewa County Clerk websites. There were no provisional ballots issued in the City
of Eau Claire on November 4, 2014. The City of Eau Claire received requests for, and issued 4,269 absentee ballots; 4096 absentee ballots were returned.