|Septic Systems - Private On-Site Wastewater Treatment System (POWTS)
- Properly treat or contain human waste to avoid becoming hazardous to human health or pollute the environment.
- EC Health Department administers the Eau Claire County Sanitary Code.
- Includes all Cities, villages and townships within EC County.
- All structures where people live or work must be served by either public sewer or some type of approved POWTS.
- Required BEFORE any POWTS can be installed, repaired, modified or reconnected.
- Required BEFORE a building or land use permit can be issued in most townships.
POWTS Maintenance Program
- POWTS in Wisconsin must have routine maintenance and inspection.
- EC Health Department is in charge of sending reminders to homeowners and following up on systems that have overdue maintenance requirements.
Wisconsin Fund - Assistance Program
- POWTS Replacement or Rehabilitation Financial Assistance Program.
- Helps to protect public health, safety and the waters of the state by providing assistance to replace certain types of failing septic systems
Plumbers and Soil Testers