GUIDELINES FOR USE OF THE CITIZEN REPORT FORM
- Reporting procedures for crimes against persons and / or property are handled in a variety of different ways by the Eau Claire Police Department depending upon circumstances. The Citizen Report Form should be used for non-emergent issues; if a crime is in progress or you have a situation in need of immediate attention please contact our Communications Center at (715)839-4972. Please note that they may advise you to fill out Citizen’s Report.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING A CITIZEN REPORT FORM:
NOTE: Case number, type of offense / incident and date and time received will be entered by Eau Claire Police Department staff upon receipt of your report.
- All blocks in Section 1 are required and must be completed.
- Business information should be completed if applicable to your incident.
PROPERTY OWNER INFOMATION
- Property Owner information should be completed if applicable to your incident.
- Vehicle information should be completed if applicable to your incident.
- Suspect Information should be completed if applicable to your incident.
- This section is required if you are reporting any type of stolen property. If you have lost or damaged property it should be listed in this section as well. Please round the cost of property to the nearest dollar amount.
- Incident Information and a description of the incident is required.
- Pressing the “submit” button will electronically send your incident report to the Eau Claire Police Department. Within two (2) business days you will receive an e-mail copy of your report with an Eau Claire Police Department case number assigned. This will serve as confirmation that your report was received and is on file with our department.
- A copy of your incident report will also be forwarded to the Detective Division of the Eau Claire Police Department for further review and possible follow-up.
- In the event that your incident results in an individual’s arrest a Victim Assistance Form is posted for your information and review. The Victim Assistance Form does not need to be returned to the police department along with the Citizen Report Form.
Questions regarding this form may be e-mailed to email@example.com or you may contact the Records Section of the Eau Claire Police Department Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 715-839-4984.