It is the policy of the City of Eau Claire to encourage and support special community events, such as festivals, parades, and athletic events while regulating these events in a positive manner to ensure the health and safety of the participants in the event.
A special event is open to the public at a predetermined location on public property, including, but not limited to, city parks, streets, and sidewalks. (Ord.9.59.010).
Making appropriate accommodations well in advance of your event will make the event successful. To assist your organization with your event, we have put this informational website together.
If you have questions about this material or about holding your event, please call the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department at (715) 839-5032, visit our office (915 Menomonie Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703) or email us.
Special Event Application and Information
Please submit your Special Event Application 60 days prior to your event.
2016 Special Event Application
2016 Special Event Introduction & Instructions
Special Events & Park Standards
Payments needed at the time of application. You may submit one check, payable to the City of Eau Claire, for all fees.
- $60 Special Event Application Fee (Required)
- Health Department License Fee (if applicable)
- Temporary Class B License Fee (if applicable)
- Tent Permit Fee (if applicable)
Support Documentation (Required)
- Waste Collection and Recycling Plan, Emergency Action Plan and Traffic Control Plan Worksheets
- Firearms/Concealed Carry Plan Worksheet
- Event Schedule
- Certificate of Insurance showing the City of Eau Claire as Certificate Holder and Additional Insured
Support Documentation (if applicable)
- Health Department Food Sales Permit and Instructions
- Alcohol Applications and Information
- Phoenix Park Reservation Form and Agreement
- Phoenix Park Alcohol Application
- Special Event Temporary Camping Information
popular event route maps
To view some popular event route maps, click here.
Listed below are examples of completed Special Event Applications.