The Community Services Department encourages people to skateboard, roller blade and trick bike, but in safe and appropriate places. The Parks and Recreation Division installed a 3,000 square foot facility along the City trail near Lakeshore Shelter in August of 2013. This plaza is located at 900 Broadway Street. The park is free and open to the public.
For more information on the Lakeshore Skateboard Plaza and to learn how to donate to the project click here .
- For the use of skateboards, inline skates, and BMX bikes only.
- Proper use of helmets, elbow and wrist pads, and knee pads are highly encouraged and recommended while using this facility.
- Children under the age of ten should have adult supervision at all times.
- Skate/bike at your own risk. This facility will not be supervised and the City assumes no liability for injuries sustained while using this facility.
- No more than one person on a skateboard or BMX bike at a time.
- The use of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, profanity, and/or abusive language/behavior is prohibited.
- No foods, drinks, or glass containers allowed on the skate plaza surface.
- Please report any damaged components to the Parks Division (715-839-5039) immediately.
- Damage, graffiti, or vandalism may result in temporary closure of the plaza.
- Open hours are sunrise to sunset, seven days per week.
- The City of Eau Claire reserves the right to evict those who fail to abide by any of these rules.