TRANSIT COMMISSION MEMBERSHIP
This Commission consists of nine (9) members. The membership includes six (6) citizens --including one (1) UWEC student and one (1) resident of the City of Altoona -- and one (1) Council member.
The City Council.
Citizen members are appointed for three-year terms, including the resident of Altoona. The UWEC student representative is appointed for a one-year term. The Council representative is appointed at the annual City Council Organizational Meeting.
- Determine and adjust routes. (Major route changes with budget implications are reviewed and approved by City Council.)
- Recommends fare changes to City Council.
- Acts as an advocate in the community for transit services.
- Reviews and advises City Council on transit budget recommendations.
- Monitors ridership, surveys, services, budget, and engages in transit planning.
- Periodically reviews list of service complaints received by the transit department.
- Advance recommendations regarding other modes of public transportation, which include, but are not limited to, light rail, taxis, park and ride facilities and ride-sharing.
- Review and make recommendations about parking issues that significantly impact transit services and routes.
Austin Northagen, UWEC Rep
Bob Schraufnagel, Chair
Georgia Eaton, Vice Chair
Joshua Clements, Secretary
Term: 5/2019 - 6/2022
Term: 7/2019 - 6/2022
Jeremy Gragert, Council Representative