TRANSIT COMMISSION MEMBERSHIP
This Commission consists of nine (9) members. The membership includes six (6) citizens --including one (1) UWEC student and one (1) resident of the City of Altoona -- and one (1) Council member.
The City Council.
Citizen members are appointed for three-year terms, including the resident of Altoona. The UWEC student representative is appointed for a one-year term. The Council representative is appointed at the annual City Council Organizational Meeting.
- Determine and adjust routes. (Major route changes with budget implications are reviewed and approved by City Council.)
- Recommends fare changes to City Council.
- Acts as an advocate in the community for transit services.
- Reviews and advises City Council on transit budget recommendations.
- Monitors ridership, surveys, services, budget, and engages in transit planning.
- Periodically reviews list of service complaints received by the transit department.
- Advance recommendations regarding other modes of public transportation, which include, but are not limited to, light rail, taxis, park and ride facilities and ride-sharing.
- Review and make recommendations about parking issues that significantly impact transit services and routes.
Austin Northagen, UWEC Rep
Bob Schraufnagel, Chair
Georgia Eaton, Vice Chair
Joshua Clements, Secretary
Jeremy Gragert, Council Representative