- All property owners with one or more rental housing units in the City of Eau Claire must register their property with the Health Department by completing a registration form and submitting a fee of $5 per property.
- This is not an annual fee.
- If there is a change in ownership, properties must be re-registered with the new owner(s) by submitting a new application and $5 registration fee per property.
- If you sell a rental property, access your online account to remove the property(ies). If you need assistance, please call the Health Department at (715) 839-4718 to remove this property from your account.
- You do not need to register facilities that are inspected, owned, licensed or certified by the State of Wisconsin. These include:
- Rest homes
- Convalescent (recovery) homes
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living centers
- Community based residential facilities
- University-owned student dormitories
- Adult home
- Properties owned or operated by the Eau Claire Housing Authority
- Online: http://www.eauclairecounty.org/RentalRegistration/
- Phone: Call (715) 839-4718 Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm. Be prepared to answer registration questions and provide credit card for payment.
- In-person: Visit the Health Department at 720 Second Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54703 Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. Be prepared to fill out the application (or bring it with you) and pay with cash, check or credit card.
- Mail: Print the application, fill out and mail with payment to Eau Claire City-County Health Department, 720 Second Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54703. Make checks payable to ECCC Health Department.
Follow the Step-by-Step instructions for online payment link at the top of the page
- Call (715) 839-4718
- Be prepared with your customer ID number (if you registered online) and amount due.
- Provide your credit card information
- Make check payable to the ECCC Health Department
- Include your customer ID number (if you registered online) and total amount due on the check.
- Mail to the Eau Claire City-County Health Department at 720 Second Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54703.
- Visit the Eau Claire City-County Health Department at 720 Second Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54703 between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday.
- Bring a form of payment - cash, check, credit card.
- Know you customer ID number (if you registered online) and total amount due.
All properties containing at least one residential rental housing unit must register with the City of Eau Claire by submitting a fee of $5 per property and a completed registration form with the following information for each unit:
- Name of the owner
- Name, address and telephone number of authorized contact person
- Number of units
- If you are filling out the paper application form you may use multiple forms to ensure all properties within the City of Eau Claire are registered.
- If you are registering online, please follow the instructions at the top of the page titled "Step-by-Step Instructions for Online Payment."
- Assist property owners to receive notifications as timely as possible and build stronger communication between City departments.
- Increase efficiency in notifying property owners of inspections.
- Facilitate faster resolution of violations.