A licensed sign contractor must install the following types of signs:
- ground signs over 10 feet in height or over 50 square feet in size;
- wall signs exceeding 100 square feet in size;
- any signs which extend into the public right-of-way;
- canopy, marquee, projecting and roof signs;
- any electrical sign requiring an electrical connection other than a plug.
The City’s on-premise sign code provisions can be found in Chapter 16.16 of the Municipal Code and the off-premise sign code provisions are in Chapter 16.18. Click here to view these chapters.
Contact Community Development at 715-839-4914 to find out if a permit is required and to obtain sign permit application forms.