Who may Apply for a Permit?

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Owners of residential properties must obtain building permits for any building construction project they plan to undertake on their own house or accessory buildings.
  • Permits for residential building construction or remodeling work to be completed by a contractor can be obtained by the homeowner or contractor. Contractors must be State Certified to take out a permit. 
  • Homeowners must obtain electrical, heating or plumbing permits for such work that they undertake in their own home. 
  • If a homeowner has a contractor work on electrical, plumbing or heating, the contractor shall be licensed and obtain the required permit for the work. 
  • All electrical, plumbing and heating work completed on a building other than a single family, owner occupied home, must be completed by a licensed contractor.