Click here for an Alcohol Request Application
Intoxicating liquors, fermented malt beverage (beer) and wine are allowed only in Carson Park, Lower Mt. Simon Park, Riverview Park, Rod & Gun Park, or the Phoenix Park Pavilion (with special permission).
Intoxicating liquors and fermented malt beverage (beer) may not be sold in any City Park or facility without permission of the Director of Community Services. Authorized groups selling intoxicating liquors must also have a temporary Class "B" license.
Additional Provisions for Kegs (1/2 Barrels)
Groups requesting permits for up to 2 half barrels of beer NOT FOR SALE:
- Beer Keg Permit Applications must be submitted to the Parks and Recreation Division a minimum of 10 days prior to the event.
- Kegs of beer shall be restricted to reservable park pavilions or other approved areas in accordance with a permit issued by the Parks and Recreation Division.
- Groups may reserve any of the pavilions in any City Park where beer is allowed.
- An adult (21 years or older) must apply for the permit and agree to all terms and conditions set forth in the permit application.
- There is a $40 permit fee. Pavilion reservation is required in addition to the keg permit fee.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the pavilion area in good condition. If additional cleaning/garbage pick up is required by City staff the group will be charged for clean-up time at a rate of $50/hour.
- Groups shall provide additional temporary supplemental toilet facilities (in addition to the restrooms which exist in each park), in accordance with the Eau Claire County Health Code, 9.40.100 Assemblies, in the following parks:
-Carson Park - Birch Pavilion
-Braun’s Bay Pavilion
-Riverview Park - Riverview Island