For all youth programs, the age will be as of the first day of the program. Parents, please do not ask to have your child put in a class he/she does not belong in. All age requirements are set to benefit the children and to make instruction easier for the program leader. In some instances, age requirements have been set for your child's safety. Thank you for your cooperation.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Eau Claire Parks and Recreation intends to comply with the intent and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need any special accommodations, please call the Recreation Administrative Office (715) 839-5032 so that the necessary arrangements can be made. If you have concerns regarding our compliance with the ADA contact the City of Eau Claire's ADA Coordinator at (715) 839-4921. TDD phone call (715) 839-4972.
A minimum number of students are required before a class can be offered. The Recreation Division reserves the right to cancel a class or make schedule changes when enrollment does not reach the minimum number.
Forms will be available during the registration process for all youth athletic leagues as referenced by Wisconsin State Statute, "At the beginning of a season for a youth athletic activity, the person operating the youth athletic activity shall distribute a concussion and head injury information sheet to each person who will be coaching that youth athletic activity and to each person who wishes to participate in that youth athletic activity. No person may participate in a youth athletic activity unless the person returns the information sheet signed by the person and, if he or she is under the age of 19, by his or her parent or guardian."
To view concussion information, click here.
Parks and Recreation does not provide accident or hospital insurance for people participating in sponsored activities. All participants should review their personal insurance policies for coverage.
Lost and Found
All items of value are brought to the Recreation Administrative Office at 915 Menomonie Street. The office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. 715-839-5032
- Items of value are stored up to one year and may include, but are not limited to: wallets, purses, drivers license, cell phones, and jewelry.
- Other items found at facilities, programs or events will be kept at the site until the end of the season. After that time, all items will be donated to a local charity.
- Every attempt is made to contact the owner when possible.
- Fairfax Pool has a one-week policy for holding lost and found items due to the nature of items that are found. At that time they are either disposed of or donated to a local charity.
The Recreation Division provides programs in facilities and on property open to the public. Parks and Recreation staff may photograph or videotape participants enrolled in its programs for promotional or training purposes. These photographs or videos are the sole property of the City of Eau Claire.
Program evaluation forms are available online. If you do not have access to a computer, the L.E. Phillips Public Library offers free Internet access to the public. Call (715) 839-5004 for library hours. Thank you for taking time to complete our online evaluations.
- A full refund will be issued for any program cancelled by the Eau Claire Recreation Division. (Not subject to $7.00 administrative fee.)
- A full refund is available if the Eau Claire Recreation Division makes changes to the original program schedule and you can no longer participate. (Not subject to $7.00 administrative fee.)
- A refund will be issued for a program if the Recreation Division is notified of your cancellation 72 hours prior to the start of the program. Refunds subject to $7.00 administrative fee. (Exceptions to this policy are noted in class descriptions in the Prime Times catalog.)
- All program transfers/cancellations must be done by phone or in person. There are no guarantees with e-mail notifications.
- Refunds will not be issued for pool memberships or City Pass punch cards.
- Youth Leagues - 75% of the program fee may be refunded up to the first day of the program. Refunds subject to $7.00 administrative fee. No refunds after schedules have been completed.
- Refunds will not be issued for Adult Athletic Team registration fees after schedules have been completed.
- Shelter/Pavilion reservations are eligible for a refund if the cancellation is received 5 business days prior to the event. Refunds subject to $7.00 administrative fee.
If your account is credited with a refund, or an over-payment is made, you will be issued a credit card refund or a check in 1-2 weeks.
- Most programs have enrollment limits.
- Early registration is encouraged.
- All programs for which a fee is charged require pre-registration.
- Sales tax is included in the program fee.
One Household Only
In order to help ensure that the registration process is fair to all, you may only register for members of your immediate household. It is not acceptable for one person to register neighbors/friends/extended relatives along with their own registrations. Only parents/legal guardians may register youth participants.
Payment By Credit Card
Parks and Recreation accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa for all registration and program payments. Personal information is safe and secure. Paper registration forms that include credit card numbers will be shredded immediately after processing.
Read Your Receipt
Read the receipt to verify that you are enrolled in the correct class/session. Any program changes in dates, times, or special requirements will be noted there. If you do not receive a receipt, call our office at 715-839-5032.
Class registrations are not accepted at program sites. You must register prior to participation in any program. Be prepared to show your receipt at the first class session.
School District Resident Policy
Residents who do not reside within the Eau Claire Area School District (i.e., taxes for that specific residence are not paid to the Eau Claire Area School District) are considered Non-Eau Claire Area School District residents. Patrons are responsible for stating their residency when registering for any Recreation programs. Those who do not reside within the Eau Claire Area School District must pay the full program fee. If you need further clarification on this policy, please contact the Recreation Administrative staff at (715) 839-5032.
Non-City Resident Policy
Recreation programs and activities that are not part of summer school offerings are supported by city property taxes. Non-city residents will be required to pay their "fair share" to support activities. The program fee for non-residents will be double the resident fee or an additional $10.00, whichever is less. A non-resident is considered anyone who lives outside of the city limits (i.e., township/county). Unfortunately, our registration software cannot always decipher if addresses are located within the Eau Claire city limits. For this reason, all participant addresses are reviewed during each season. Invoices will be sent to non-residents who've paid the resident fee.
We love parents....
But... with your child's best interest in mind, parents are invited to attend their child's midterm and last class meeting only (instructional programs). Our instructors have found that the quality of instruction is affected by parent and/or sibling distractions and interruptions. We feel it is most beneficial for your child to have recreational time with his/her peers. Instructors welcome the opportunity to discuss participants' progress with parents.
Youth Scholarship Program
Area businesses and community groups in Eau Claire support our scholarship program for families experiencing low-income. Any family that can provide proof of effective Food Share Quest Card (paperwork showing effective date) or an ECASD Free Lunch Letter, proof of identification (driver's license with current address or utility bill with name and address), and is a City of Eau Claire resident qualifies. If you would like to donate to our scholarship fund, please call the Recreation Office for more information.
Recreation Office | 915 Menomonie Street | Monday - Friday | 8:00am-5:00pm | 715-839-5032