Eau Claire Parks and Recreation is a CAPRA Accredited Agency
On October 7, 2013 Eau Claire Parks and Recreation joined an elite group of accredited agencies. Less than 1% of Parks and Recreation agencies in the United States have achieved this honor and only one other agency in Wisconsin has earned this recognition.
What is CAPRA Accreditation?
CAPRA is the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies. CAPRA develops standards for excellence and implements the national accreditation program. CAPRA recognizes agencies for excellence in operations and services.
Benefits to the Eau Claire Community
- Assurance and validation of well-administered services in accord with approved professional practices
- Potential for external financial support and cost savings
- External recognition of a quality governmental service
- Improves customer service and quality services
- Ensures accountability to you - the community - and responsiveness to your needs
- Demonstrates our commitment to you - our team, our volunteers, our guests and our community
Benefits to Our Agency
- Public and political recognition
- Increased efficiency and evidence of accountability
- Answers the question, "How are we doing?" through an extensive self evaluation process
- Identifies areas for improvement by comparing an agency against national standards
- Enhances staff teamwork and pride
- Creates an environment for regular review of operations, policies and procedures, and promotes continual improvement.
- Demands written documentation of policies and procedures
Interested in learning more?