Licenses are required for:
- Alcohol Beverage Licenses
- Direct Sellers / Transient Merchants
- Massage Establishments
- Taxicab Drivers
- Taxicab Company
- Restaurants/Food Trucks
- Pawn Broker / Second Hand Merchandise Dealers
- Other Licenses
- Refuse/Recycling Haulers
- Hotels and Motels
- Keeping of Bees
- Keeping of Poultry
Alcohol Beverage Licenses
- You will need to complete the following application forms:
- AT-106 Original Alcohol Beverage License Application
- AT-104 Schedule of Appointment of Agent (Do not use this form if applying as sole proprietor or partnership.)
- AT-103 Auxiliary Questionnaire (All individual owners, partners, corporate officers, and the agent must complete this form.) Instructional sheet
- Click here for alcohol beverage license applications
- Surrender of License form (This form must be signed by both the current owner and new applicant.) Click here for a Surrender form
- File The Applications
- Very Important: Call the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 to schedule an appointment to file application.
- File applications and $40 filing fee at the Treasury office at least 15 days before a regularly scheduled City Council meeting. The council meets in the Council Chambers at City Hall the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 4:00 p.m.
- Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage Laws for Retailers Pamphlet
- As the owner of an alcohol beverage license it is your responsibility to read and understand the State of Wisconsin alcohol beverage license laws.
- Click here for Beverage Law pamphlet
- Other Alcohol Licensing Related Forms:
- Considerations for Serving Alcohol at Your Event
Beekeeping in the City of Eau Claire
Anyone applying for a new bartender's/operator’s license must complete the Responsible Beverage Server Training Course or show proof that they have been a bartender in the last two years in the State of Wisconsin.
The responsible beverage training course: Click here for Wisconsin approved training classes .
Upon completion of the course email the certificate to Licensing Specialist: email@example.com or bring the certificate to the Treasury office.
Mail the completed bartender application along with payment to:
City of Eau Claire
P.O. Box 909
Eau Claire, WI 54702-0909.
Print a bartender's/operator's license application
Direct Sellers / Transient Merchants
Anyone wishing to sell items door-to-door or at a specified location in the City of Eau Claire must obtain a Direct Sellers license. Persons who have owned or operated a business in Eau Claire for at least one year, are working for a registered charitable organization or who are selling home grown produce do not need a Direct Sellers License. Applications are available at the Treasury office and must be completed at least five days prior to the date of the sale.
You may call Treasury at (715) 839 - 4923 if you wish to have an application mailed to you.
Click here for a Direct Sellers license application
Anyone wishing to sell fireworks in the City of Eau Claire must obtain a Fireworks Vendor permit. Applications are available at the Treasury office.
Rules and regulations of selling fireworks in the City of Eau Claire see Chapter 9.32 of the Code of Ordinances.
Click here for a Fireworks Vendor Application
Fireworks Vendor Application
Massage Technicians / Massage Establishments
Anyone wishing to practice massage therapy, must request an application from:
State of Wisconsin, Department of Regulation and Licensing
1400 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 8935
Madison Wisconsin, 53708.
If you wish to open a massage therapy establishment, contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923.
Click here for restaurant license application. Please contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with questions and for more information.
Can I have a food truck at my event…
On private property at a private event? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) of your choice.
On private property at an event open to the public? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) licensed in the City of Eau Claire.
That is a properly permitted Block Party? No, unless food is being given away, not sold.
Approved through the City’s Special Events Application? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) licensed in the City of Eau Claire.
Please feel free to call the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with any questions you may have or for a list of food trucks that are licensed in the City of Eau Claire.
Can I operate a food truck in the City of Eau Claire?
Anyone wishing to operate a food truck in the City of Eau Claire must obtain a City of Eau Claire restaurant license and a Health Department license. Inspections will be required from the Health Department, Fire Inspector, and Building, Electrical, and Plumbing Inspectors.
Click here for restaurant license application. Contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with questions and for more information.
Contact the Health Department at 715-839-4718 to determine the type of license needed and to schedule an inspection.
Contact the Fire Inspector to schedule an inspection at 715-839-4825.
Contact the Inspections Department at 715-839-4947 to schedule your Building, Electrical, and Plumbing inspections.
Can I operate on public streets and in public parks during non-special event times once I have a restaurant license to operate my food truck?
- Anyone wishing to operate a food truck on public streets and in public parks during non-special event times will need a separate Mobile Food Establishments license. Please feel free to contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with any questions you may have or for more information on how to obtain that license.
If I have a license to operate on public streets and in public parks when and where am I allowed to operate?
- between 8am & 11pm
- any non-residential area
- 6 hours or less in one city block
- comply with all parking restrictions
- more than 200 feet from a restaurant, unless written permission is obtained from every business with a restaurant license within 200 feet
- 20 feet or more from any intersection
- at least 10 feet from the extension of a door to the curb
- at least 500 feet or not in the same park whichever is greater, from a Special Event for 1 hour before the event, during the event and 1 hour after the event
Contact City of Eau Claire INSPECTIONS for licenses 715-839-4947
- Heating Contractors
- Sign Installers
- Control Wireman
Licenses not issued by the City of Eau Claire:
- Driver's Licenses are issued by the State Department of Transportation (715-836-2803).
- Marriage Licenses are issued by the County Clerk (715-839-4801).